Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Simplify


Can you do it? Can I? The fact that this random posting can be seen (potentially) by millions immediately upon posting begs the question.
At least I found a shirt that advocates it.

I'm sure I can simplify today. I am in Alaska, watching three small children in their pajamas playing on the floor. I'm sipping coffee. The sun is peeking through the clouds (and has been since 4 am). Today's simplification includes: eating, a trip to the pool, naps (for parents and children), a visit from childhood friends.

There are many facets of life that can be simplified. At church on Sunday, our class discussed money and its place in our lives. (Matthew 6:24) Like food, it's necessary. Like food, it can overwhelm or master. And still like food, many can live with a lot less than they think.

So that's my goal of the time between homes and countries. Simplify. Get by with less. And maybe even play on the floor in my pajamas.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to bloggy land...just another addiction that actually keeps you from simplifying! But oh so fun!

    ReplyDelete